Thursday, May 20, 2010

A change of plans

Our local grocery store often has brown bags of food that you can purchase for donation to the local food bank. For Day 18's gift, I thought that, while I was at the store getting eggs for a last minute recipe, that I would just empty out what's left in my grocery budget for the week and spend it on that. But when I got to the store, I couldn't find them. I got the eggs and at check out, asked about the bags. Turns out they only have them around the holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.

I was stymied for what to do for today's gift. I had been the recipient of two gifts today - the shorts in the previous blog entry and birthday cookies from one of my coworkers. I'm celebrating my birthday all month. But no idea for what to do. Coming home from the grocery store, I thought about my visit with my friend on Day 8 at Hospice House. She has gone home from there for a while, but still been on my mind. And that made it clear to me that today's gift could be a donation to Hospice House in her honor. I went online to see how I could donate and they have a really easy donation page - and they have the option to use PayPal. I had money in my PayPal account from various online surveys that I've done, so click, click, click and my donation was made.

I love how easy it is to give!

No comments: