Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Magazines

Every now and then I take the pile of unread magazines I have and sort them out to see what I haven't read. I subscribe to a lot of magazines but most are the results of reward programs such as MyCokeRewards or e-rewards so we aren't paying for them directly.

I knew it was time to see what I have when the stack got about 18-inches high. I put each magazine in its own pile; some have only one issue, some have three or more, some have each month's issue while others are missing a month somewhere between the January and April issues.

I get a variety of magazines. Martha Stewart Living, Body & Soul (which I recently heard will have a new name), Everyday Food. Conde Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure. Teen Vogue. Health. Reader's Digest. Runners World. Money. Forbes. Family Fun. Interestingly, I don't have any unread issues of Entertainment Weekly! I read those within two days of receiving them.

So now I have to decide to I want to start with the most recent issues of each magazine and just recycle the rest (or leave somewhere that has even older magazine for customers / patients) or do I want to skim through and rip out the things I might want to look at later.

Guess I'd better get to reading.

No comments: