Friday, July 18, 2014

Second day

Having a variety of GF foods in the house made things a little less fretful today. I wasn't sure what we might have for lunch as we go out nearly every day, so I packed some safe food in case I needed it. I told my lunch buddies that it is more about the company and the break in the day than the food, so I still want to go out and will find something that will work for me, and if not, I will have a stash of SF (safe food) to rely on.

Breakfast: Corn Chex with fresh blueberries and skim milk

Lunch: Ruby Tuesday with their GF menu in hand (plus a coupon). I had their sliced sirloin petite plate, nothing on the meat when cooked, steamed plain broccoli, and mashed potatoes. The garlic cheese biscuits stayed on the other end of the table.

Snacks: Nabisco GF rice crackers with Peter Pan crunchy pb and Welch's grape jelly. I don't like the crackers plain, but one of my boys watched a YouTube about gluten recently and remembered peanut butter was a safe food (of course I verified the specific one we had on the shelf). Frozen blueberries with vanilla yogurt. A handful of Blue Diamond almonds (the Emerald ones have possibility of cross contamination so I had to buy new almonds for me), and a few Lay's original chips. And a fresh cherry.

Dinner: Mueller's GF spaghetti with Classico sauce and Parmesan cheese.


1 comment:

Tricia said...

**A** fresh cherry? How can you EAT JUST ONE??? Here I am mourning the fact that Michigan sweet cherries haven't yet shown up in my farmer's market, and you're stopping at 1. Such will power! :^)